GENERAL ACCOUNT INFORMATION
To start your VW Car-Net Security & Service subscription, push the "i-Button" in the cabin of your vehicle. This will initiate a call to a VW Car-Net Security & Service Customer Specialist who can assist you with your no-charge trial or paid subscription. Additionally, you may call the VW Car-Net Security & Service Response Center directly at 877.820.2290.
Once you have enrolled in Car-Net Security & Service, you will receive a Welcome email with your Account Number. The email address will be the one provided at the time of enrollment (or provided to the Dealership). You will also need your PIN which is emailed separate of the Welcome Email. Now that you have your Account and PIN, follow these easy steps to register.
New Vehicle Sales
- Enter your email address as User ID and Welcome1 as your temporary password
- Reset password and follow the steps to log in.
- Now you will add your vehicle by entering Account Number and PIN
Used Vehicle Sales/Secondary User
- Click on the registration button at vw.com/carnet and fill out your information. Create a password.
- You will receive an email to verify your email address. Click on “verify”
- You can now log in with your User ID and password
- Now you will add your vehicle by entering Account Number and PIN
If you do not have access to your account number or PIN, please call 877-820-2290 and press option 2.
You may cancel your service at any time by speaking to VW Car–Net Security & Service Customer Specialist by pressing the “i-Button” in the cabin of your vehicle, or dialing our VW Car–Net Response Center at 877-820-2290.
Your VW Car-Net Security & Service subscription is non-transferable to another vehicle or owner. If you purchase a new vehicle or sell your vehicle, please contact the VW Car-Net Security & Service Response Center at 877-820-2290 to discontinue your old service and/or activate your new service.
You may speak to a VW Car-Net Security & Service Customer Specialist by pressing the “i-Button” in the cabin of your vehicle, or directly calling the VW Car-Net Security & Service Response Center at 877-820-2290.
The user web portal can be accessed at www.vw.com/Car-Net.
The VW Car-Net Security & Service iPhone app can be downloaded from iTunes® App Store. The Android™ app can be downloaded from Google Play™ Standard text and data rates apply.
Subscription to VW Car-Net services Security & Service requires you to contact our VW Car-Net Response Center by pressing the “i-Button” in the cabin of your vehicle or by calling 877-820-2290. A VW Car-Net Customer Specialist will assist you with subscribing to your trial offer.
You can update your account information, including your pin, on the VW Car–Net Security & Services site by clicking on the Account link from the top navigation bar on vw.com/carnet. You can also speak to a VW Car-Net Customer Specialist by pressing the “i-Button” in the cabin of your vehicle or dialing our VW Car–Net Response Center at 877-820-2290.
You can update the following information:
- Select “switch car” if you have multiple vehicles and would like to view information based on a different vehicle. This feature also allows you to add another VW Car-Net Security & Services enrolled vehicle. You will need the account number and PIN of the new vehicle. If you do not know your Account or PIN information, please contact a VW Car–Net Security & Service Customer Specialist at 877-820-2290.
- Your Preferred Dealer can be changed or added by selecting “change” next to Preferred Dealer. By selecting a Preferred Dealer, they will receive status and vehicle service alerts to help them to properly service your vehicle.
- Make any necessary changes to personal information by selecting “edit contact info”. This page does not allow your email address to be changed because your account and user ID are based on this. If your email address is no longer active, please contact a VW Car–Net Security & Service Customer Specialist at 877-820-2290 to update.
- Select “change password” to reset your password. You will get an email confirmation that you will be required to click on to finalize the update.
- Select “change PIN” to reset your PIN for vehicle that you are currently logged into. If you prefer, you can set the same PIN for all of your VW Car-Net Security & Service vehicles.
The VW Car-Net Security & Service mobile app is available for the iPhone®. It can be downloaded directly from the iTunes® App store. The VW Car-Net Security & Service mobile app is also available for Android™ compatible smartphones. The Android™ app can be downloaded from Google Play™1.
There is no additional charge during the trial. After the trial period, you may choose which subscription option is best for you. You can find more information about your subscription options under Plans and Pricing located on the vw.com/carnet Help page. Or, simply press the “i-Button” in the cabin of your vehicle, or call 877-820-2290 and a Customer Specialist can answer any questions you may have.
After you have downloaded the mobile application to your smartphone, you must register it to your account through a process called mobile pairing. After you launch the VW Car-Net Security & Service mobile app, enter your account number and pin. You will be prompted to request a registration code and you can then choose to receive the code using either your VW Car-Net Security & Service registered email address or your VW Car-Net Security & Service registered mobile phone. Once you receive the code, enter it into the mobile app and you will have full access to the VW Car-Net Security & Service mobile experience! You will only have to pair each mobile device one time¹.
You can pair up to five mobile devices to your account. If you pair multiple devices to your account, please be aware that changes made to the service configurations (i.e., Speed Alerts) will apply to all devices paired to that account.
Your vehicle uses a wireless communication device similar to what is found in cellular phone technology.
Sixteen: Manual Emergency Call, Automatic Crash Notification, Roadside Assistance², Stolen Vehicle Location Assistance, Speed Alert, Boundary Alert, Remote Door Lock3 and Unlock, Remote Honk & Flash, Last Parked Location¹ Destinations, Agent Destination Assist4, Remote Vehicle Access, Dealer Scheduling, Send Dealer Location, Vehicle Health Report.
After the no-charge trial period, subscription is required to receive VW Car-Net’s full set of Security & Services. Activation of VW Car-Net Security & Service services requires you to push the “i-Button” in the cabin of your vehicle or a call to the VW Car-Net Security & Service Response Center at 877-820-2290.
If you provided a credit card number when you enrolled, your trial will automatically be rolled onto the subscription plan you chose. If you did not provide a credit card number or if you wish to change your subscription, please contact a VW Car-Net Security & Service Customer Specialist by pressing the “i-button” in the cabin of your vehicle or by calling 877-820-2290.
2Roadside Assistance provided by Allstate.
3Remote door lock available only on model year 2016 and newer vehicles.
4Requires compatible factory installed navigation system.